Ark Chamberlain Primary Academy will be closed for the half term holiday from Monday 19th February 2018 to Friday 23rd February 2018. The academy will be open to pupils as normal on Monday 26th February 2018. Have a peaceful and restful break.
How We Will Support Families Around the Period of Ramadan
We wish to fully support our families and staff who are fasting during Ramadan whilst also ensuring that we are meeting our pupils’ welfare needs. The following sets out our arrangements for doing this.
- We recognise that pupils in Year 5 or Year 6 may be fasting during Ramadan. Pupils may only fast during academy hours with the written permission of their parents.
- If a pupil appears to become unwell whilst fasting, then we will always attempt to contact parents to seek their advice before offering food or drink.
- Pupils who are fasting will be offered access to an area separate to the dining areas during the lunchtime break.
- Pupils will be expected to take part in the full curriculum around Ramadan, including music and PE.
- Pupils who would normally receive a free school meal and are fasting can be provided with a packed lunch that they can take home with them at the end of each day during Ramadan.
- In the few days prior to Ramadan we will hold a special assembly for Year 5 and Year 6 pupils explaining to them our expectations during this period. This assembly will be led by Muslim members of staff.
If you have any questions or concerns about this statement, please do not hesitate to contact the academy.