- 24th January – Class Assembly – VI Warwick
- 22nd – 23rd January – Year V Reading Workshops for parents
- 24th January – Year VI Sats Workshop for Parents
- 25th January – Parents Evening
- 26th January – Year V Reading Workshops for Parents
- 29th January – Class Assembly – IV Cambridge
- 31st January – Class Assembly – VI Oxford
Art of the Portrait
During the Spring term year 5 children have explored the topic 'Portraiture', and as part of this topic children took part in a workshop run by artists Ian Andrews and Sarah Fortes Mayer from the MAC Gallery – Birmingham.
Working on large sheets of paper and using charcoal and a rubber children created chiaroscuro drawings of elderly people. As part of the project children were invited to interview an elderly relative about a significant moment in their life.
All the children really enjoyed the workshop and were pleased with their finished chiaroscuro drawings. The portraits will form part of the year 5 art exhibition ‘Art of the Portrait’ in the Summer term, which will feature all the artwork the children have created and their interviews with family relatives.